Water, the new coffee??

So I've been thinking a lot about this water thing.  Water is 70% of our world, and makes up 70% of our bodies...so, no one is doubting it's importance.  But do we really understand how important it is?  Maybe not as important as what you put into it.

I know we need water, but I also know that we can consume too much water.  Remember that CSI where the college kid was being hazed and was told to chug a 5gallon container of water?  He literally died from drinking too much water.  Okay, so you can't always believe what you see on TV, but it's CSI people!  CSI is science and science is truth...Not that that is any excuse not to get my eight 8oz. glasses of water a day.

But back to the importance of water...I have been trying to make a better attempt at drinking more water.  The problem is, when I get up in the morning the first thing I think of is coffee ....Mmmmm... coffee...
Coffee is really something I never considered doing without.  I know it basically depletes you of water and negates any that you drink.  Two cups of coffee in, and I have to drink two more cups of water than I should be drinking...that means I have to try for ten 8oz. glasses of water and I'm maybe hitting four at this point, which means I should be trying for six, and if I do the math that means I'm really down four, I mean two, wait...okay, now I'm totally confused.

Alright, so I need to drink more water and less coffee - bottom line.  I have tea on occasion, but that really doesn't do the trick.  Earl Grey is alright.  Green is good, antioxidants and all that.  I just really love the taste of coffee!

What sparked this post was reading this from elephantjournal.com.  According to the doctor who wrote this article, you get clean energy from drinking "water and fresh squeezed lemon" in the morning as opposed to dirty energy from drinking coffee.  Do you really think a lemon in my morning water from the local OB Water Store can replace my coffee??  I do happen to have a lemon tree in my backyard, so access is no excuse.  All I really need to do is try it, right?  Okay, so tomorrow morning it's water and lemon juice for some clean energy.  No dirty energy for me!

Speaking of dirty water versus clean water, did you know that there is only 3.46% of fresh or "clean" water available on earth?  Well, we'll leave that for another post.  So, here's to lemon water!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Budding Yogi

Yoga: 30-Day Challenge!

Enchilada Casserole, Slow-cooker style