Yoga: 30-Day Challenge!

First, let me start by saying, I am no Yogie.  I don't consider myself to be a guru or even an expert.  I just like to do yoga.  It's good for my muscles, good for my joints and it's good for my mental well being.

Image courtesy prweb.com

Second, consistency is key.  And balance, balance is also key.  Consistency is key to a lot of things (keeping your blog followers being one of them), and I could write an entirely different blog post on the art of balance (we'll save that for another time).  I've also found that consistency and balance go hand in hand with a positive, well-rounded yoga experience.  You must be consistent in your practice; weekly, daily, monthly, whatever your thing, keep it consistent.  Balance is essential but it's not something we are all born with nor is it something that comes easy to most.  You can develop both consistency and balance, but you have to actively develop these two things.

I am on my way to developing my consistency and balance, all the while challenging myself to 30 yoga classes in 30 days.  This is all thanks to Indie Yoga in OB.  There are some great incentives for finishing, but I'm really going for the personal satisfaction of completing 30 yoga classes in 30 days!

Yesterday was Day 1.  Hot yoga, which is a variation on the Bikram yoga.  It was an awesome class, and if I could finish out my last eight Bikram classes through my Living Social deal at Indie, I would.  It wasn't as hot and we were only in the class for an hour and fifteen...it's amazing how long that last 15 minutes lasts.

Day 2, today, H2O Candlelight Yoga.  It was quite a class!  My hubby and I went skiing (well, he snowboarded) earlier today.  We got in about ten runs and my thighs were already feeling the burn.  Tonight in class, we must have done chair pose about the same amount of times.  I was really feeling the burn at that point.  I'm excited to see what the next 28 days brings!!
Image courtesy abc-of-yoga.com
More on balance and consistency tomorrow.  Now, I'm a bit pooped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Budding Yogi

Balance