Lemon and Water vs. Coffee

Tuesday morning, I started my day with about 16 oz. of water and the juice from one full lemon.  I was a bit impressed because I didn't end up with a caffeine headache, and I even felt energized enough to go to a nice hot yoga class!  (It's been a while since I've gone to a class or even done anything at home)  Yay yoga!!  My day went well.  No obvious effects of no caffeine, and I think I felt pretty energized.  I am a firm believer in mind over body, so it may have been merely psychological.



Wednesday, I overslept.  Not sure if that had something to do with being overly tired, or a low volume on my alarm...I didn't get my lemon water until after I dropped the kids off at school.  Still, no caffeine headache, but I did feel a little off.  Regardless I stuck to my guns, went to another hot yoga class (yay, yoga!).  Was feeling a bit weak at some moments, but I think it was lack of water and pushing myself too hard.  Again, here, water=life!  Perhaps I pushed myself too hard with my new-found sense of "clean energy" and back-to-back days of hot yoga, because I fell asleep on the couch for a little over an hour.

Thursday, I was running behind in my morning preparation, so I took my water with the juice of one lemon to go.  I was doing just fine, but I decided that I needed 12 oz. of coffee to supplant my morning water.  There was Santa, and kids, and I had a meeting.  I needed coffee; at least for some reason my mind was telling me I needed it.  My body probably could have done without it.

So did I negate the whole 20 oz. of lemon water with my little cup of Turkish coffee with a dash of cinnamon? Who knows.  My body didn't feel any different than it did before the coffee, I didn't get shaky or have any adverse side effects.  All in all, I was rearin' to go!


I like the idea of the lemon water to start my day, but I wont count out having a cup of coffee.  Less coffee is probably better.  Interjecting more tea may be wise as well.  I also need to keep up with my yoga!  Tomorrow I'm going to try a little Hatha yoga, after my lemon water of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Budding Yogi

Yoga: 30-Day Challenge!

Enchilada Casserole, Slow-cooker style